Our customers are aspiring and existing entrepreneurs during their first three years of operation. We also assist in buying or selling an existing business or enterprise.
STAGES OF ESTABLISHING A COMPANY
Before becoming an entrepreneur, you should consider the different options available and your personal qualifications for working as an independent entrepreneur. Enterprise Agencies provide professional counselling and a partner to discuss your professional abilities and for evaluating the functionality of your business idea. Our useful guide to Becoming an Entrepreneur in Finland is available for download free of charge.
Some of the first steps into establishing a company are creating a business plan, obtaining funding and planning your business marketing, sales and pricing.
BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR
- Test and record your business idea. What, to whom and how?
- Create your initial business plan. (Inc. profit budget as well as investment-, funding-, profitability and sales calculations)
Contact your local Enterprise Agency
- Plan your business funding (self-financing, bank loans, loan or security from Finnvera, possible subsidies from, for instance, ELY Centres)
- Check whether the business is subject to a licence. (These licences can be granted only after the enterprise has been registered and it has a Business ID.)
- Choose the company form and trade name. https://www.suomi.fi/company/starting-a-business/planning-business-activities/guide/choosing-the-form-of-business http://www.ytj.fi/en/
- Apply for a start-up grant from TE-Office (their decision needs to precede the company registration) http://www.te-palvelut.fi/te/en
Contact your local TE Office before applying for the start-up grant. Do not register the company before the TE Office has made a decision on the start-up grant.
- Prepare the establishment documents
- General partnership and limited partnership: partnership agreement
- Limited liability company: memorandum of association, articles of association, minutes of the meeting of the board of directors (where necessary)
- Co-operative: memorandum of association, rules of the co-operative, minutes of the meeting of the board of directors (where necessary)
Register the company
- in the Finnish Trade Register (start-up notification, personal data form, establishment documents)
- in the registers of the Finnish Tax Administration (prepayment register, VAT register and employer register, if necessary)
- with the shared start-up notification form of the Finnish Tax Administration and the National Board of Patents and Registration of Finland. Enclose the establishment documents and the personal data form.
For the forms and templates as well as instructions on how to submit the notifications, please see the Business Information System at www.ytj.fi/en/
You can submit a limited liability company notification (and establish the company) online or with a paper form. As of the beginning of March 2017, private entrepreneurs can also submit their notification of establishment online. Notifications on other company forms must be made with paper forms.
Limited liability companies and co-operatives can submit their establishment documents with the establishment package available at www.ytj.fi/en/ - provided that they only need to submit the standard documents.
With the same declaration, you can also enrol in the registers of the Finnish Central Tax Administration, comprising the register for collection of tax at source, the register of employers and the register for those liable to VAT.
Private entrepreneurs, general partnerships and limited partnerships can use the same establishment form to submit the information needed to determine their advance tax.
Enterprise Agency of Eastern Finland / Eastern Finland Enterprise Agency
(Entrance through the courtyard)